Located within the heart of Lincoln’s historic area, Chad Varah House is a listed property in close proximity to the Cathedral, Castle, and Bailgate as well as Steep Hill. Chad Varah House is situated at the corner of Wordsworth Street, Drury Lane, Steep Hill and Michaelgate, all streets full of history. Even though the building was constructed more than 300 years ago, it thankfully has not lost a lot from its original features. Originally constructed as the County Hospital in the late 18th Century, it has since then been used for educational purposes and is now part of the University of Lincoln’s buildings. A Chapel was also added to Chad Varah House in 1906, by architect Temple Moore.