Digital is for Everyone!
23rd Oct – 1st Nov
In a few days Frequency is taking over the streets and venues of Lincoln to showcase family friendly, fun and mostly free theatre, art, dance and sculpture, all of which have been influenced by digital technology.
With this year’s theme of ‘Liberation’, Frequency 2015 will invite families to explore the ways in which digital technology has made power more accessible, giving us a whole new set of freedoms for society to debate and change our world. Inspired by the 800th anniversary of the signing of Magna Carta and Lincoln’s special connection to this historic, liberating document, this year’s festival integrates the digital future with the city’s historic past, showing how far we have come in those 800 years, and how far we have yet to go.
Frequency ’15 spans over ten days with most exhibits along the trail open for the duration of the festival and free to attend. We’ll have street games and digital fun in Lincoln High Street on both weekends from Furtherfield, so look out for ways to get involved with drawing, coding and a good shout whilst you’re out and about.
Our spectacular closing event this year takes place on Halloween weekend at Lincoln Castle with a breathtaking light show from international digital artists seeper. See lasers and projections tell the story of our digital liberation, from the signing of Magna Carta up to present day, all cast onto the side of Lucy Tower – and get involved with the installation games which use lights, buttons and lasers to explore the power of The One, The Few and The Many in the castle grounds. Lincoln Castle After Dark is one of our few ticketed events, so make sure to book your spot through the box office at Lincoln Drill Hall.
Other highlights in the ten day programme include:
- Digi Diddy Disco– A happening disco for under 7s with exciting digital effects, great music and face paints at Lincoln Drill Hall
- Compagnia TPO bring their magical under the sea show for children to Lincoln Drill Hall. Explore the Mediterranean coast and the depths of its oceans as the two performers invite their young audience to join the story and play with the digital surroundings.
- Earfilms present their unique brand of audio blockbuster at Lincoln Drill Hall. Put on a blindfold, hear the film and let your imagination run wild.
- Explore an immersive field of LED lights with Squidsoup’s Enlightenment installation at Waterside Shopping Centre.
- See tiny lives emerge in the walls of one of Lincoln’s most historic sites with Illuminos – Through The Fourth Wall at Postern Gate, and watch what happens when the sun goes down.
With over 30 artists involved over 10 days, spanning the city of Lincoln, there will be plenty to see, and plenty to get involved with for the whole family.
For more information about the festival and its programme – along with age recommendations – take a look at our website www.frequency.org.uk, or pick up a pocket guide from Visitor Information for your own personal guide to Frequency ’15.
We can’t wait to see you there!
The Frequency Team